Sustainability Manager (m/f/d) with Focus on Environmental Management
29 countries. Around 45,000 colleagues. 70,000 pharmacies supplied and millions of patients: Join PHOENIX! Support us in supplying the people of Europe with medicines and healthcare products quickly and reliably - and experience a job that is as diverse as it is important. Where you can proactively master challenges, implement ideas and drive change. Look forward to pure variety at a successful, future-proof family company, the market-leading pharmaceutical retailer in Germany and at the same time the best integrated healthcare provider in Europe.
For our headquarter in Mannheim we are looking for a Sustainability Manager (m/f/d) with focus on Environmental Management.
- Establishment, introduction and continuous further development of a resource protection and circular economy strategy as well as a strategy for the reduction of environmental pollution (especially pollution of air) in order to meet the requirements of the CSRD, especially ESRS E2 and E5 in the future
- Support in the further implementation of our climate strategy with the goal of becoming CO2 neutral by 2030 in our own business area (Scope 1+2) incl. annual collection of our Scope 3 emissions, as well as conducting an initial climate risk and resilience analysis
- Evaluation of environmental, energy and emissions KPIs for performance monitoring and derivation of improvement potentials as well as project proposals in close cooperation with specialist departments and our European companies
- Collaborate with all group companies and provide support/training, and share best practices to foster a culture of environmental sustainability across the organization
- Establish concise and transparent lines of communication at all hierarchy level internally as well as externally, providing regular updates on the status of initiatives and strategy. Contribution to the annual sustainability reporting as well as to ratings like EcoVadis
- You closely follow external requirements and evaluate them in the context of projects, consultations and benchmark analyses
- Completed master's degree in environmental engineering, environmental and energy management, sustainability management or a related field
- At least 5 years of professional experience in the management of projects and processes in an environmental protection context
- Knowledge in management systems, especially in environmental and energy management (EMAS/ISO 14001/ISO 50001) as well as practical experience in the areas of circular economy and life cycle assessment, development and implementation of climate strategies, climate risk analysis and carbon accounting according to the GHG Protocol (Scope 1-3)
- Effective analytical skills and high attention to detail, including the ability to develop business cases, supervise the development of analytics and metrics, set goals, and identify gaps and opportunities for new projects and programs
- Passion for environmental sustainability, with pragmatic, value creating mindset and the ability to represent your personal motivation to the outside world at different hierarchy levels through a confident appearance and open communication. Excellent communication skills in German and English
- For you, self-initiative and independent work are a matter. You demonstrate empathy and an openness to collaboration in a multicultural environment with a clear service focus
- Willingness to take interim leadership of a small sustainability team
- Future-proof: We are growing and expanding. We are the market leader and offer you a permanent employment contract, 13 monthly salaries, vacation pay as well as 30 days of vacation and much more. (job bike, company pension scheme, etc.
- Reconciliation of private and professional life: We offer mobile office and flexible working time models.
- Career: We promote you! There are great opportunities within the PHOENIX Group.
- Continuing education: We would love to - we are happy if you are eager to learn. The PHOENIX Learning World offers you an exclusive range of further training courses.
- Team: This is how we work. We promote team cohesion through small and large events.
Please apply online including your salary expectation and your earliest possible starting date. Your contact person is Florian Thome. We are looking forward to your application!