European Category Manager (m/f/d) - Logistics
29 countries. Around 48,000 colleagues. 70,000 pharmacies supplied and millions of patients: Join PHOENIX! Support us in supplying the people of Europe with medicines and healthcare products quickly and reliably - and experience a job that is as diverse as it is important. Where you can proactively master challenges, implement ideas and drive change. Look forward to pure variety at a successful, future-proof family company, the market-leading pharmaceutical retailer in Germany and at the same time the best integrated healthcare provider in Europe.
We are looking for an European Category Manager - Logistics (m/f/d) for our General Procurement Department. This position can be filled groupwide, ideally in Italy, France, the Netherlands or Czech Republic.
- Develop and implement procurement strategies for the assigned category on a European level.
- Conduct extensive research on market trends, supplier capabilities, and industry best practices to identify cost-saving opportunities.
- Perform value driven strategic sourcing initiatives to identify and select best in class suppliers for the assigned category.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams such as finance, legal, and operations to ensure procurement activities align with overall business objectives both on a Corporate, Regional and Local level.
- Manage preferred vendors at group level for the assigned category through business review with the vendor senior leadership.
- Be a point of escalation for preferred vendor related issues
- Proactively identifying and mitigating potential supply chain risks through effective risk management policies and protocols.
- Identify and present new opportunities for efficiency and savings benefit on a regional/local level whilst aligning with the corporate strategy
- Successfully completed business studies or comparable training with at least 5 years of professional experience in Strategic Procurement (Category manager, lead Buyer, strategic sourcing specialist).
- Profound knowledge in Logistics (Transportation, fleet)
- Pragmatic with strong analytical skills and strategic thinking skills.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate across hierarchy levels and functions cross-country.
- Experience of working in an international, multi-cultural and multi-site environment.
Please apply online in English including your salary expectation and your earliest possible starting date. Your contact person is Erik Sabo. We are looking forward to your application!