Head of Digital Commerce (f/m/d)
We are looking for a Head of Digital Commerce (m/f/d) at our headquarters in Mannheim.
PHOENIX has pharmaceutical wholesale in 27 markets and operates over 2,800 own retail pharmacies in 14 European countries, as well as more than 12,000 pharmacies in various partnerships across Europe. PHOENIX now has a clear strategy to professionalize and scale the different B2C online channels throughout Europe. This “Digital Commerce” business comprises all direct-to-consumer e-commerce activities, omnichannel activities, click & collect, marketplaces, and evolving healthcare ecosystems.
The central Digital Commerce team, which is now being established, provides support, coordinates harmonization efforts, and thus accelerates growth in the local markets while maintaining decentral go-to-market approaches with full autonomy and responsibility within the local PHOENIX markets (“freedom within a framework”).
You will have your main location at our HQ in Mannheim, Germany, but can also operate from other countries across Europe where we have business entities.
- You drive the profitable growth of all Digital Commerce across the group
- You develop and drive strong partnerships and alliances with the country teams and other service providers in the digital commerce area
- You lead the strategy development for Digital Commerce at the key interfaces between all relevant stakeholder groups on corporate as well as local levels
- You shape broad strategic direction and foster the commercial and technical understanding of Digital Commerce business opportunities for the group and the individual markets
- You build and lead a strong, highly skilled, and innovative team as well as alliances and communities across the group
- You form a center of excellence for cross-country learning and exchange, establish fit-for-purpose standards, and transfer know-how to improve competencies in all Digital Commerce countries
- You create transparency and comparability between country performances, co-create road maps, and track priorities and milestones
- You have a profound track record in digital business development with a clear customer focus and focus on developing a seamless and value-added customer journey
- You have substantial professional experience in working in a state-of-the-art Digital Commerce environment with international reach
- Preferably you have experience with and understanding for the pharmacy/ healthcare/life sciences sector, but this is not a must as experiences from other related retail industries are also highly valued
- You demonstrate broad expertise in the areas of digital ecosystems, understanding technology solutions, operational processes, commercial, and digital marketing practices
- You have comprehensive experience in initiating and implementing projects in agile working environments
- You display willingness to drive change and have the ability to form, lead, and inspire direct teams and international communities/networks in a matrix organization
- You show passion and ability for leadership of teams across cultures and in complex international matrix organizations
- Start-up and/or corporate digital business background are an additional asset
Please apply online including your salary expectation and your earliest possible starting date. Your contact person is Mr. Erik Sabo. We are looking forward to your application.